R. LAPID’S CHICHARON & BARBECUE, one of the largest manufacturers of Chicharon in the Philippines founded by MR. REY C. LAPID in 1974. It started in a small stall along with R. Hidalgo in Quiapo, Manila. The founder set his goal to supply and deliver pork and chicken barbecue, longganisa, tocino and chicharon, as its main line of products to retail stores, movie houses, supermarkets, offices, and bars. During that time, he was a NACIDA (National Cottage Industries Development Authority) registered as a processor of food including chicharon at 485 Verdad Street Sampaloc, Manila.
After its inclusion in the file of National Library as Registered Copyright Claimant in 1996, the slogan “Laging Bagong Luto” of R. Lapid’s was born. To meet the expectations of its consumers, R. Lapid’s consistently serves deliciously tasty barbecue and crispy newly puffed chicharon at its best quality. The taste of the vinegar that go with the chicharon was improved by cooking and adding fresh garlic. Additional “chili” chicharon was offered to its customers and was accepted with notable commendations.
To further improve its product quality, R. Lapid’s has begun importing its raw materials from the United States, Europe, and other neighboring countries in 1996. In the same year, R. Lapid’s opened its first branch at G. Tuazon Sampaloc, Manila followed by ten (10) more outlets within Metro Manila to serve the increasing number of Chicharon lovers.
A great opportunity was gained by R. Lapid’s when it received the “Gintong Sikap Award” from the Federation of Filipino Consumers, Inc. in recognition of its remarkable increase in sales in its first mall outlet at SM South Mall, Las Piñas. The award was the key in the development of a good relations with the SM Management which eventually led to the establishment of ten (10) more additional SM outlets at the end of 1998. It was in the same year that R. Lapid’s received a Certificate of Recognition from the SM Management for Consistent Observance of Cleanliness, Safety and Sanitation.
The first Provincial outlet located in Calamba, Laguna was opened on January of 1999 followed by an outlet in San Fernando Pampanga, Baguio City, Tagaytay and Lipa, Batangas. Also in this year, R. Lapid’s introduced the Free Delivery Service to reach its customers at the convenience of their home.
A genuine Filipino entrepreneur, with a passion to deliver to its customer’s high-quality products, R. Lapid’s has passed with flying colors the test brought about stiff competitions, great sacrifices, and hardships. However, after seven years, it has outlets serving not only its loyal customers but, in its modest way, contributing to the improvement of the country’s economy.
R. Lapid’s is not stopping here. It is taking its steps to continuously modernize its facilities, develop more products, make its systems more effective, and most importantly, harness more the capabilities of its human resources with the end in view of serving its customers from the four corners of the Philippines and neighboring countries.
For franchising inquiries, contact:
R. LAPID’S CHICHARON & BARBECUE
Km. 25 East Service Road, NLEX,
Lawang Bato, Valenzuela City, Philippines
Tel: (02) 4433-083 to 84 / 456-7131
Fax: (02) 443-3089
1904 Pres. Quirino Ave. cor. J. Zamora St.
Pandacan, Manila, Philippines
Tel: (02) 564-0123
Basics of Franchising R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue
Benefits of Franchising R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue
- There is high success rate due to its business model rather than starting from scratch.
- R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue is a recognized brand or trademark that can guarantee you with success.
- Financing that may come from various sectors may be availed easily when putting up a good reputation franchise like R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue.
- A franchisee may also secure huge profit when success formulas are met such as low-cost supplies, proper placement, and good marketing techniques.
What to consider when franchising R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue
1. Make sure that you really want to own this franchise and this will best fit your venture among other offered business opportunities.
2. Be certain that you can work harmoniously with R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue franchise and it is within your interest. A visit to one of the franchise stores will help you be more aware of operation and proceedings.
3. Carefully study the Terms and Condition, Franchise Agreement, and what are included in franchising R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue.
4. Check if R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue franchise will be compatible with the rules and regulations, as well as existing laws on the chosen location.
5. The best location is one key aspect to have a successful R. Lapid’s Chicharon & Barbecue franchise. Study the environment and see if your business suits the surroundings.