Netopia was founded in 1996 by two computer techies. It began as a private gaming room where friends could pit their eye-hand coordination skills against each other. The original Katipunan branch opened its doors to the public in January 1997. By sheer word of mouth, Netopia effortlessly attracted a wave of loyal and happy customers. Behind Netopia’s success is its unwavering commitment to provide excellent customer service and to bring the latest Internet-related technology to its branches.
Netopia comes from two root words: network (an interconnected system of computers) and utopia (a place or state of ideal perfection). It refers to an ideal place for computer networks, a Digital Paradise. Netopia.
Today, Netopia is the largest chain of Internet Cafes in the Philippines consisting of 76 company-owned and 36 franchised branches located in major malls and school perimeters. Netopia serves over 1.5 million customers monthly, 80% of which are from ages 16 to 35. Netopia uses high-speed Internet provided by PLDT. With Netopia’s broad network coverage, Netopia has attracted many large corporate customers for its training, recruitment and advertising needs. At the retail side, Netopia has become a popular destination, to all men and women, for Internet surfing, Gaming, Digital Printing and Electronic Load needs.
How to Franchise Netopia Internet Cafe:
Netopia has an established franchise system which contains standards in operating an Internet cafe such as standard branch setup, customer service procedures and equipment, hardware and Internet connections specifications. Among its key advantages are a recognizable brand, continuous innovation of products and services, robust billing system and strong technical support .
- Franchise Fee: Php300,000.00
- Rentable Workstations: 30 or more
- Estimated Investment: Php2.6 Million or higher
- Renewal Fee: Php100,000.00
- Royalty Fees: 7% of gross sales on the 1st year, 8% on the 2nd year, 9% on the 3rd year
2. Regular – A
- Franchise Fee: Php225,000.00
- Rentable Workstations: 25 to 29
- Estimated Investment: Php2.2 Million
- Renewal Fee: Php75,000.00
- Royalty Fees: 5% of gross sales on the 1st year, 6% on the 2nd year, 7% on the 3rd year
3. Regular – B
- Franchise Fee: Php150,000.00
- Rentable Workstations: 20 to 24
- Estimated Investment: Php1.8 Million
- Renewal Fee: Php50,000.00
- Royalty Fees: 4% of gross sales on the 1st year, 5% on the 2nd year, 6% on the 3rd year
Franchise Term : Three (3) years, renewable for another 3 years
Advertising Fund : 1% of gross sales
Preferred Location : about 40-70 square meters of space located in a high pedestrian traffic area. Proximity to schools and residential areas is a plus.
- Netopia Online Billing System
- System Transfer-Network Configuration
- Site Evaluation
- Training and Ongoing Field Support
- Customized Operational System
- Operations Consultancy
- Use of Netopia Trademarks and Logos
- Continuous Research and Development
- Wide Range of Computer Rental Services
Requirements for Interested Applicants:
- Letter of Intent
- Detailed resume or Bio-data of franchise applicant
- Map of proposed site
- Description of proposed space: dimension, area, address
Contact Details of Netopia Internet Cafe:
Digital Paradise, Inc.
6/F Suntree Tower, #27 Sapphire Road
Cor. Julia Vargas Avenue,Ortigas Center,
Pasig City, Philippines
Tel: (02) 465-1100 loc. 1020
Fax: (02) 465-1100 loc. 5000