It all started with a Vision. Edgar “Injap” Sia, at the age of twenty-six, grabbed the opportunity to lease a 250 square meter space at the Robinson’s Mall Carpark-Iloilo in December 2003.
It was there that Mang Inasal, Hiligaynon for Mr. Barbeque, was born.
Early on, he learned the importance of following your instincts, taking risks, strategizing, negotiating, and motivating yourself and your people. He also knew that the Filipino barbeque quick-service restaurant category still had the potential for growth. He started a business that had the potential for nationwide expansion. With the support of his family, he embarked on a journey that changed his life forever.
Mang Inasal’s authentic fusion of traditional Filipino cuisine with the dine-in concept.
Famous for its native-style and “nuot-sarap” Chicken Inasal with its pioneering “unlimited rice”, Mang Inasal quickly won the hearts of its customers with its distinctively Pinoy stamp-grilling and special marinade made out of local secret spices.
The restaurant was an instant success, opening close to thirty branches in just three years. By 2005, confident of the stability and brand recall of the business, he opened Mang Inasal for franchising, concentrating his efforts in Visayas and Mindanao where Inasal is most popular. Franchise offers for Luzon soon followed.
The primary reason for Mang Inasal’s success is its wide array of Filipino comfort food, especially Chicken Inasal – with its distinct taste that Pinoys have grown and continue to love.
By 2009, only six years after the first branch opened, Mang Inasal had a store network of one hundred stores.
Mang Inasal soon drew the attention of Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), the Philippines’ largest food service company and one of Asia’s most admired companies. JFC acquired 100% share of Mang Inasal in April 2016.
Today, Mang Inasal is the leading Pinoy branded outlet in the country, with its strong portfolio of Chicken Inasal, Pork BBQ, Halo Halo, and Palabok. Variations in the menu are constantly being developed to meet the discriminating demands of its growing customer base.
Mang Inasal has steadily grown ever since its acquisition, making it one of the fastest-growing quick-service restaurants in the country. To date, Mang Inasal has over 450 stores nationwide and counting.
The brand has garnered numerous awards over the years, including the Outstanding Fast Growing Local Food Company from the 19th Annual National Consumers Awards in 2008, the Most Outstanding Quick Service Restaurant and Most Outstanding Chicken Inasal restaurant from the 2010 Dangal ng Bayan Awards, and the Outstanding Filipino Franchise Award from the 2015 Franchise Excellence Awards.
Mang Inasal now lays the foundation for a new era of prosperity, moving forward to a horizon of possibilities as the brand continues its winning tradition of excellence.
Mang Inasal Products:
- Chicken Inasal
- Pork BBQ
- Halo-Halo Atpb.
Why Franchise Mang Inasal?
Mang Inasal is recognized as one of the leading chicken inasal in the branded eat-out category in the Philippines. Being one of the strategic business units of Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), Mang Inasal has been able to leverage on the existing system of JFC that ensures high quality food and exemplary customer service. Building on the resources and success factors of JFC’s business units, Mang Inasal has been successful to penetrate across strategic locations in the Philippine market.
Mang Inasal now boasts of over 500 stores in the Philippines, 90% of which are franchised. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and Philippine Franchise Association (PFA) recognized Mang Inasal as a Hall of Fame Awardee as Outstanding Filipiino Franchising in the Food and Large-Scale Category.
Who can Franchise Mang Inasal?
Mang Inasal are looking for an interested individual with the following qualifications:
- Financial capability to support and grow the business
- Highly engaged, business-oriented, success-driven entrepreneurs with strong desire to venture and invest in a long-term business partnership with Mang Inasal.
- With no pending criminal case and with high compliance to government, business, labor and industries regulations, and requirements
- Commitment to complete required training programs for business operations
- Possess good moral character with sound business repute in the community where he/she resides and does business
Franchise Fee includes:
|Term||10 Years||Renewable but subject franchisee’s performance|
|Royalty Fee||5% (Net of Sales)||Billed every month|
|Advertising Fee||3% (Net of Sales)||Billed every month|
|Set-up Fee||Php 1,200,000.00 net of VAT||Consists of initial support and assistance in setting-up an outlet efficiently and in accordance to the standard requirements such as: Assistance in hiring of store’s management team, Initial training, Project administration (i.e., construction, outlet-set up for new), Systems set-up, Site development (site assessment, sourcing, acquisition), Franchisee screening and other initial services.|
|Estimated Capital Investment||Php 12 to 18 Million||The capital investment is highly dependent on the Type of Stores.|
|Store Floor Area Requirement||220-250 SQM||The frontage is at least 10 meters. This is exclusive of parking space.|
*Other details such as specific investment cost, the return of investments, and other franchising details will be discussed with you once your application has been approved.
Note: Investment details are subject to changes.
FRANCHISE APPLICATION PROCESS
Good news! You may now apply and submit your franchise application requirements through JFC’s Franchising Online Application System.
With the JFC’s Franchising Online Application System, you will be able to monitor the progress of your application and prepare for the succeeding assessments and requirements.
No account yet? Create and register now! Get started in 7 easy steps:
- Go to franchising.jfc.com.ph and click “Create one” on the bottom of the login button.
- After clicking on Create Account, you will receive an account verification email. Click on the Account Verification Link.
- Login using your registered and verified email address and password.
- Once you are inside the online application system, Click on the Franchise Application tab. Then click on the Apply for Franchise button. Fill up the franchise application form and upload the required documents.
- After filling up the form and uploading the documents, click Submit button.
- After submission, you may view your application and its status on the Franchise Application tab.
In case you will not be able to successfully apply online, you may submit your application manually.
For alternative methods on submission of application, follow these steps:
- Complete the initial requirements:
- Signed Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Download LOI Template here
- Submit site references of your proposed location:
- Vicinity Map – indicate lot and nearby landmarks by using Google Maps screen shot of Map & Satellite View at 100m scale and ensure to mark on the map your proposed location
- Photos of Proposed Site – 360 degrees view: front view (100m away & 300m away) / across street/ both sides of Street)
- Lot Plan plus Layout indicating the area for lease with measurements / dimensions
- Site Development Map/ Floor Layout (Applicable to Malls only)
- Lease Offer/Details (if available)
- Signed Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Submit these documents through any of the following:
- Electronic Mail
Email the scanned copy of all documents at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 714, 7th Floor, Globe Telecom Plaza 2
Madison St., Mandaluyong City 1550, Philippines
- Electronic Mail
- For online submission of application, don’t leave any item unanswered to avoid errors. You may put “N/A” if not applicable.
- Ensure to attach the file of the required documents. Applications with incomplete requirements will be rejected and will not be processed accordingly.
- Once you have submitted the complete requirements, your proposed site will be assessed within 30 days to 60 days.
By forwarding to us the requested supporting documents for your franchise application, you agree to submit to our evaluation process which shall include a mandatory background check. Note that the information collected and stored shall be used and kept in strict compliance to our evaluation process and the Data Privacy Act.
For more information, you may contact:
Mang Inasal Franchising
Tel number: 724-1111 local 6567
Mobile Number: +63949.889.7079
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q: What type of franchise is available?
A: Mang Inasal offers the following type of stores:
- Free Standing – This is a stand-alone and a two-level store with sufficient parking space.
- Mall – This store is located in the vicinity of a mall.
- In-Store – This store is located within a building with adjacent tenants on both sides.
- Food Court – This store is located inside the facility of the mall or a structure adjacent to the food vendors and provides a common area for self-serve dining.
Q: How long is the payback period?
A: Payback period is dependent on several factors such as sales, market potential investment & ability of the franchisee to control the operating expenses. Theoritical financial analysis will be provided once the site is approved.
Q: What are the requirements in selecting a location?
A: The location of the site is one of the major factors in the success of the store. The site should be located preferably in high traffic commercial/residential areas accessible to both pedestrians and motorist. Proposed site with complete site requirements will undergo site evaluation and assessment. (Please see “How to Apply?” section for the complete site requirements)
Q: Who will do architectural planning and construction?
A: Designing of Mang Inasal store is one of the supports that we provide to our franchisees. This is part of the investment package. For the store construction, we have accredited and recognized contractors that a franchisee can engage to. Should a franchisee wish to get a non-accredited contractor, the endorsed contractor will need to undergo the accreditation or recognition process prior to building a store.
Q: Does Mang Inasal provide the site?
A: No. The application is site-specific which means that the applicant will look for the site subject to our site assessment and approval.
Q: Can an applicant still apply even without a specific site?
A: No. We will only process application with a specific site of the store and complete requirements. However, should an applicant decide to submit application without a site, we will include it in our data bank of interested applications without applied sites.
Q: Who does the selection and hiring of manpower to operate the Mang Inasal store?
A: Mang Inasal will assist in the recruitment and training of the restaurant management team. The team will then become employees of the franchisee, who will be responsible for their compensation and benefits.
Q: Does Mang Inasal provide training franchisees?
A: Yes. After signing the franchise agreement, the franchisee is required to go through a training program in order that the franchisee can operate the store in accordance with the Franchise Business System of Mang Inasal. The program includes classroom courses, seminars and hands-on training in an existing store.
Q: Does Mang Inasal provide continued support and guidance from start of operations until the end of franchise term?
A: Yes. Mang Inasal will support and guide the franchisee though out its franchise term. We will provide a team of support group from our operations team who will act as consultants to ensure alignment to company goals and standards, and help maximize sales and profitability.
Q: What types of business entity a franchisee is allowed to operate a Mang Inasal store?
A: Mang Inasal allows two types of business – Sole Proprietorship and Corporation. In case, a franchisee chose a corporation, a principal who owns at least 20% of shares and 67% voting rights in the corporation, is required.
What you should know before Franchising:
- Make sure that you really want to start the business before proceeding to own this franchise – Passion and desire to venture into this kind of business.
- Carefully study the franchise agreement, Clause of the contract and terms, condition of the said franchise.
- Check the background of the company if they are following rules and regulations, as well as existing laws on the chosen location.
- Be certain that you can work harmoniously with the company and it is within your interest. A visit to one of the franchise stores/outlets will help you be more aware of operation and proceedings.
- Location is the secret of any business so make sure you have thoroughly surveyed the location for possible strategies and marketing promotions.