RIGHTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DRIVERS /COMMON TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS OF PUBLIC UTILITY VEHICLE DRIVERS THAT CAUSES HEAVY TRAFFIC
Drivers must avoid the following:
- Stopping (loading and unloading passengers) outside of stopping zone and disregarding other motorists the right of way.
- Violating Traffic Lights or Signals where driver beat the red light upon seeing the yellow flashing light.
- Distracted driving by talking or chatting with passengers, eating, receiving phone calls or composing text messages.
- Speeding as a result of inducing and convincing passengers that they will reach their destinations ahead of time.
- Swerving through indiscriminate and unsafe changing of lanes.
- Tail gaiting on super highways
- Counter Flow
- Unlawful stopping on pedestrian crosswalk to wait for possible passengers.
- Delaying movement on GO signal traffic light to wait for passengers.
- Open Door