In 1957, they opened their first branch at the Acacia Lane of Manila Hotel. Then another branch was opened at the Fiesta Carnival in front of Araneta Coliseum. When Mang Ferino passed away, Aling Tinay was left to continue the business. Later on, when Aling Tinay retired, she let her son Alfredo continue the business. At this time, almost all of the outlets have already closed down.
But in 1981, Alfredo with his wife Noemi and their children decided to revive his father’s legacy. He opened a bibingka stall at Redemptorist Road in Baclaran Parañaque. Two years later, a branch was opened in Bel-Air, Makati City, beside International School. After the EDSA Revolution, they opened their main store at Granada Street, Quezon City (Ortigas Extension near Greenhills).
In the 90s, Alfredo had 10 outlets in Metro Manila which were located at SM Megamall, SM Centerpoint, SM City North Edsa, SM Southmall, Las Piñas, Harrison Plaza, Bel-Air in Makati City, Times St. (West Avenue) in Quezon City, Berma Shopping Center in Baclaran, Salubungan Food Court of Duty Free, the main branch at Granada Street also in Quezon City, and one outlet in the U.S.A. located at Shermanway corner Cold Water Canyon in North Hollywood, California.
Presently, the children of Alfredo and Noemi Francisco are continuing the bibingka business both in the Philippines and in the US. They have also ventured into franchising. Francisco Food Specialties is owned and managed by one of their seven children — Sonny with the help of his wife Anne. Their other children also own and manage their respective Ferino’s Bibingka outlets.
How to Franchise Ferino’s Bibingka:
- Ferino’s Standard Foodcart (L)57″ X (W)31.5″ X (H)86.5″
- Ferino’s Foodcart (L)67″ X (W)31″ X (H)90″
- Ferino’s Enclosure
Ferino’s Bibingka Franchise Fee Includes:
- Movable Back Cover
- Movable Cabinets (2 Units)
- Equipment: Acrylic Juice and Gulaman Dispenser, Bibingka Oven, Puto Bumbong Machine, Curved Glass (Product Display), 8 cu.ft. Chest Type Freezer (Fujidenso)
Required Area : 4 to 6 sqm.
Terms of Franchise : Five (5) years, Renewable at Half of the Current Franchise Price
Royalty : None
Contact Details of Ferino’s Bibingka:
Francisco Food Specialties
117 Kalayaan Avenue, Barangay Central
Quezon City, Philippines
Office: (02) 441-2118
Things to consider before Franchising
- Make sure that you really want to start the business before proceeding to own this franchise – Passion and desire to venture into this kind of business.
- Carefully study the franchise agreement, Clause of the contract and terms, condition of the said franchise.
- Check the background of the company if they are following rules and regulations, as well as existing laws on the chosen location.
- Be certain that you can work harmoniously with the company and it is within your interest. A visit to one of the franchise stores/outlets will help you be more aware of operation and proceedings.
- Location is the secret of any business so make sure you have thoroughly surveyed the location for possible strategies and marketing promotions.