A company that values family
Jollibee was founded by Tony Tan and his family with its humble beginnings as an Ice Cream Parlor which later grew into an emerging global brand. At the heart of its success is a family-oriented approach to personnel management, making Jollibee one of the most admired employers in the region with an Employer of the Year Award from the Personnel Management Association of the Philippines, Best Employer in the Philippines Award from Hewitt Associated and a Top 20 Employer in Asia citation from the Asian Wall Street Journal.
Aside from promoting a family-oriented work environment, the brand’s values also reflect on their advertising and marketing. Jollibee knows their target audience very well: the traditional family and all communication materials focus on the importance of family values, making Jollibee the number one family fast-food chain in the Philippines and a growing international QSR player.
A Well-Loved Brand
Customer satisfaction has always been key to Jollibee’s success. Never losing sight of its goals, Jollibee has grown to be one of the most recognized and highly preferred brands in the Philippines. Now the market leader among fast-food chains in the Philippines, claiming a market share that totals more than half of the entire industry.
Great tasting products and quality systems
Jollibee’s growth is due to its delicious menu line-up – like its superior-tasting Chickenjoy, mouth-watering Yumburger and Champ hamburger, and deliciously satisfying Jollibee Spaghetti -ably complemented with creative marketing programs, and efficient manufacturing and logistics facilities. It is made possible by well-trained teams that work in a culture of integrity and humility, fun and family-like. Every Jollibee outlet welcomes customers with a clean and warm in-store environment and a friendly and efficient service.
And it is this tried and tested formula of delivering great-tasting food, adherence to world-class operating standards and the universal appeal of the family values the brand represents that are driving the expansion of Jollibee both locally and in the overseas market.
Widest store network in the Philippines and an emerging global player
Jollibee is the largest fast-food chain in the Philippines, operating a nationwide network of more than 750 stores. A dominant market leader in the Philippines, Jollibee enjoys the lion’s share of the local market that is more than all the other multinational brands combined. The company has also embarked on an aggressive international expansion plan and currently has 80 stores outside the Philippines-USA (26), Vietnam (32), Brunei (11), Jeddah (7), Qatar, Hong Kong, and Kuwait (1 each), firmly establishing itself as a growing international QSR player.
A Triumph for and of the Filipino and a source of Filipino pride.
Jollibee dedicated its continuous success to the Filipinos who have been there from the very start.
Jollibee is so well-loved every time a new store opens, especially overseas, Filipinos always form long lines to the store. It is more than home for them. It is a stronghold of heritage and monument of Filipino pride.
Franchise Fee includes:
Jollibee franchise ranges from Php 35-55 Million.
- If you have…
- Good community standing
- Strong leadership and people-handling skills
- Willingness to devote time in managing the restaurant
- Can successfully complete the required training program.
- …then you have what it takes to be a franchisee of Jollibee!
Apply now for Jollibee franchising! Just follow these steps:
- Download and print a copy of the Franchise application form.
Please make sure to fill out the form completely.
Prepare a proposal containing the following documents:
- Letter of Intent – containing the exact address of your proposed site, your exact mailing address, contact numbers, etc.
- Vicinity Map of Proposed Site – that will more or less guide our field personnel who will go there and conduct an on-site evaluation.
- A legal document certifying the applicant’s ownership of the site (optional).
- Detailed resume or bio-data.
Mail these documents to:
JOLLIBEE FOODS CORPORATION
Franchising Services Department
5th Floor Jollibee Plaza
#10 F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
- Upon receipt of the application, the submission of an application form does not obligate you or Jollibee in any way. It is just the first step in the application process, which is an evaluation of your proposed location.
- Details of investment cost, return of investments, and other franchising details will be discussed with you once your application has been approved.
There is a measure of comfort to be derived from the fact that a mother company or franchisor will provide continuing support to its franchisees.
Even before a new Jollibee franchisee gets started with building his restaurant – he undergoes a Basic Operations Training Program (BOTP). This training is supplemented with other programs that will enrich the franchisee’s management and analytical skills needed in the operation of the restaurant.
Other foundations necessary for a restaurant to take shapes – such as store layout & design, equipment specifications, furniture & fixtures, and construction management are among some of the major areas where Jollibee provides its support.
In addition, creative advertising & marketing programs, product development, manufacturing & logistics facilities provide the framework to support its growing network of stores. Field personnel will render consulting services once the stores are operational.
This exciting mix of profitability and initiating an influx of employment opportunities for the community has encouraged many entrepreneurs to establish franchises not just in Metro Manila but in the different provinces in the Philippines and in countries across the globe.
Jollibee’s 29-year success is most definitively attributed to its franchising system and the quality of its franchisees. Jollibee franchisees uphold the company’s stringent standards in food quality and service.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the qualifications of a Jollibee franchisee?
Following are qualifications Jollibee looks for in a franchisee:
- An entrepreneur who is self-driven;
- Knows how to motivate his people;
- Willing to devote time to oversee the day to day operation of his restaurant;
- Willing to undergo full-time training on restaurant operations;
- Ability to fund the investment requirement.
- How much is the investment required for a Jollibee restaurant?
The financial requirement depending on the final store size and facilities ranges from P35M to P55M.
- What is included in the investment?
The investment includes the construction of the store, kitchen equipment and facilities, furniture and fixtures, air-con system, signage, and pre-operating expenses.
- Does Jollibee provide financing for the franchise?
No. Jollibee does not provide any financing.
- If I don’t have a site or a location can I apply for a franchise?
Yes, you can still apply, but only applicants with applied sites will be processed by Jollibee for now. In the meantime, Jollibee will include you in its data bank of interested applicants without applied sites.
- Can a corporation apply for a franchise?
We award franchises to individuals only. Upon approval of the franchise, this individual can organize a corporation where he must have clear majority ownership.
- How much is the return on investment?
The restaurant profitability is dependent on several factors such as sales, market potential, investment, and the ability of the franchisee to control his operating expenses. Other questions on financial viability will be discussed only during the interview process.
- What is the required lot size or floor area?
The size of the property required for a restaurant is dependent on the store model that will be developed in a particular market.
- How long is the training program?
The franchisee is required to successfully complete a 3-month full-time Basic Operations Training Program (BOTP) at a designated training store.
- Who will provide the manpower to operate the restaurant?
Jollibee will assist the franchisee in the recruitment and training of its management team. However, this team will be employees of the franchisee who is responsible for their salaries and benefits while on training.
What you should know before Franchising:
- Make sure that you really want to start the business before proceeding to own this franchise – Passion and desire to venture into this kind of business.
- Carefully study the franchise agreement, Clause of the contract and terms, condition of the said franchise.
- Check the background of the company if they are following rules and regulations, as well as existing laws on the chosen location.
- Be certain that you can work harmoniously with the company and it is within your interest. A visit to one of the franchise stores/outlets will help you be more aware of operation and proceedings.
- Location is the secret of any business so make sure you have thoroughly surveyed the location for possible strategies and marketing promotions.