Phoenix Fuels was incorporated in May 2002 in Davao City and it has grown from a simple family venture to one of the most successful businesses in Davao and the Southern Mindanao area.
The company, then under the name Davao Oil Terminal Services Corporation (DOTSCO), began operations in its current form in January 2004, distributing petroleum products to various commercial entities in Mindanao. In August 2006, the company was officially renamed to Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc.
In July 11, 2007, Phoenix Petroleum under the symbol PNX launched its initial public offering, becoming the first independent oil company to be listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange after the oil deregulation law was passed in 1998. Phoenix Petroleum also became the first company from Davao City to be listed in the stock exchange.
Phoenix Petroleum is engaged in the business of trading refined petroleum products, lubricants and other chemical products, operation of oil depots and storage facilities, and allied services, mainly in Southern Philippines. Its products and services are distributed and marketed under the “Phoenix Fuels Life” trademark.
How to Franchise Phoenix Petroleum:
Through dealership agreements, Phoenix Petroleum offers for franchising the right to operate a Phoenix gasoline retail service station, and use of the company’s retail operations and management system.
Two (2) types of Franchises:
- Company-Owned, Dealer-Operated (CODO) – will cost between Php2.5 Million to Php5 Million. Phoenix will secure the necessary permits.
- Dealer-Owned, Dealer-Operated (DODO) – between Php4 Million to Php5 Million. You will secure the permits, but we will assist you in the process.
Phoenix Petroleum Franchise Inclusions:
- Franchise Fee
- Use of the Phoenix brand, system and design.
- The Phoenix Confidential Operations Manual
- Site Evaluation Assistance and Station Lay-Out Assistance
- Provision of Station Equipment (pumps, tanks and signage)
- Technical Training
- Pre-opening and start-up assistance
- Local marketing and promotional assistance.
- Continuing visits, guidance and business evaluation support.
- Continuous research and product development.
- Sales Territory Protection
Space Required : at least 800 square meters, with a frontage of at least 30 square meters. The site must be located near residential and commercial areas and along high traffic volume highways. Exceptions on lot area requirements may be made based on the potential volume of the site.
Dealership Contract : 5 year contract and renewable for another 5 years based on the dealer’s performance.
Note: A Participation Fee will be paid every year amounting to Php50,000 for CODO and Php35,000 for DODO, starting on the first year.
Steps to a Phoenix Franchise
- Fill up the form of intent and Franchise Application form, or call our Franchise contact persons: For Luzon, contact Mr. Francis Lapid at 0917-307-8815. For Visayas, Mr. Fidel Aloba at 0917-301-5504. For Mindanao, Ms. Apple Adora at 0917-590-7241. Or contact our Customer Service Hotlines 1-800-10-PNXFUEL (769-3835) and 0917-313-7011.
- The Retail Territory Manager assigned to your area will give you a call and meet to discuss your queries as a prospective business partner.
- Following the meeting, you will be asked to fill up a Phoenix Franchise Application Form where your proposed site will be indicated as well. (If no site is proposed, we will look for a suitable area for you from our pool of lots.)
- We will visit the proposed site and do a traffic count. In case the site does not conform to Phoenix’s standards, you may submit other locations or choose from our pool of sites.
- We will schedule an interview of you with the Dealer Selection Panel (DSP). Here, you will meet a team of executives who will ask about your background and commitment to operating a Phoenix station.
- If you pass the interview, you will sign a Franchise Agreement with Phoenix and pay the corresponding fees.
- For CODO stations, Phoenix will secure the necessary permits. For DODO, you will secure the permits, but we will assist you in the process.
- Your Phoenix station will be constructed in approximately four months depending on the size.
- You and your staff will undergo technical training.
- We will assist you in your soft and grand opening. Congratulations and welcome to the growing Phoenix family!
Contact Details of Phoenix Petroleum:
PHOENIX PETROLEUM PHILIPPINES, INC.
Head Office – Phoenix Bulk Depot,
Lanang, Davao City, Philippines
Tel: +63 (82) 235-8888
Fax: +63 (82) 233-0168
Website: http://www.phoenixfuels.ph (This link will open on a new window)
25th Floor Fort Legend Towers
3rd Avenue corner 31st Street,
Fort Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig City, Philippines
Tel: (+632) 403-4013
Fax: (+632) 403-4021
Cagayan de Oro Office:
Suite 1 & 2, 8th Floor Limketkai Gateway Center,
Lapasan, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel: +63 (88) 855-4527
Fax: +63 (88) 855-4528
General Santos Office:
2nd Floor JMP Building 1,
South Osmena St., General Santos City
Tel: +63 (83) 553-9207,
+63 (83) 304-0046
Cebu City Office:
Phoenix Maguikay Gasoline Station
M.C. Briones St., National Highway,
Maguikay, Mandaue City, Cebu
Tel: +63 (32) 236-8168, 236-8198
Bacolod City Office:
Rm 210-212 A. Chan Building,
Mandalagan, Bacolod City
Telefax: +63 (034) 441-2683
Things to consider before Franchising
- Make sure that you really want to start the business before proceeding to own this franchise – Passion and desire to venture into this kind of business.
- Carefully study the franchise agreement, Clause of the contract and terms, condition of the said franchise.
- Check the background of the company if they are following rules and regulations, as well as existing laws on the chosen location.
- Be certain that you can work harmoniously with the company and it is within your interest. A visit to one of the franchise stores/outlets will help you be more aware of operation and proceedings.
- Location is the secret of any business so make sure you have thoroughly surveyed the location for possible strategies and marketing promotions.